Wednesday 1 August 2012

Reading #7: Understanding Content Curation by Nancy White

After reading this article, I still don't have a clear understanding of content curation. It is obviously different from collecting/classifying information, but it is not clear how it can be used in a classroom. Is it a new way of doing research or is it a way for teachers to evaluate and collect teaching resources or maybe something else? When I read the "audience" part of the reading about publishing your resources, it reminded me of the social bookmarking site "diigo" that I discovered in my previous class. I bookmarked some of my favorite links on there, and teachers from all over have shared some of their favorite bookmarks too. I agree with White's comment that learning is "social", and social bookmarking is one way that teachers can learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment